Beaches and warm weather are good for vacation. But Sarasota is so much more than just a pretty face. Locals know it. And it doesn’t take long for newcomers to learn to love what keeps locals happy for a lifetime.
Favorable Tax Climate
Florida’s stable and highly favorable tax climate provides advantages that make a Florida location profitable for residents and every type of business. The Tax Foundation’s 2021 State Tax Climate Index ranks Florida as having the 4th best tax climate in the U.S.
- NO corporate income tax on limited partnerships
- NO corporate income tax on subchapter S-corporations
- NO state personal income tax guaranteed by constitutional provision
- NO corporate franchise tax on capital stock
- NO state-level property tax assessed
- NO property tax on business inventories
- NO property tax on goods-in-transit for up to 180 days
- NO sales and use tax on goods manufactured or produced in Florida for export outside the state
- NO sales tax on purchases of raw materials incorporated in a final product for resale, including non-reusable containers or packaging
- NO sales/use tax on co-generation of electricity
Gulf Coast Location
Sarasota's Gulf coast location is best known for beautiful white-sand beaches and exciting offshore fishing. Fishing is productive in the Gulf because of the connection with Sarasota Bay and other local estuaries. Gulf waters are warm, shallow, and often calm with world-renowned beaches located along a string of sandy barrier islands created by wave-washed quartz sand. The average temperature is 70 in the winter, and 90 in the summer. With an average of 250 days of sunshine, the location and weather are the perfect setting for year-round outdoor living.
Leisure and competitive athletes know that Sarasota is an excellent place for sports due to year-round great weather and premier training facilities. IMG Academy offer professional training in baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, soccer, tennis and golf. The Nathan Benderson Park hosts world-class rowing championships in its 2,000 meter course. Spring training is a long-standing tradition for baseball enthusiasts. Golf is a year-round game at over 20 local golf courses. With facilities for competitive and amateur sports of every level, Sarasota has got your ticket!
Notable for sports and fitness:
Vibrant Arts & Culture
Sarasota is enriched by its arts and culture. Known as Florida’s Cultural Coast, one can enjoy museums, art galleries and performing arts venues all around town. Ranked as the #1 top small city for art by American Style Magazine, there are few communities in the nation that have the depth and quality of arts and cultural offerings that are found here.
Select Art Venues & Events:
- Sarasota Ballet
- Sarasota Opera
- Sarasota Orchestra
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
- Asolo Repertory Theater
- Ringling Museum
- Sarasota Film Festival
- Cine-World Film Festival
- Circus Sarasota
- Sarasota Chalk Festival
- Crystal Classic Sand Sculpting Competition
- Blues Festival
Significant Health Care
Sarasota is home to a bustling medical community. Hospitals, clinics, practices, specialists, diagnostics and research centers abound to keep residents healthy and fit. Sarasota Memorial Hospital is ranked in the nation’s top 50 and 8th in Florida. Also based in Sarasota, the Roskamp Institute is devoted to finding cures for neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Healt Care Centers:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Doctors Hospital
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
- Venice Regional Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins All Children Outpatient Care
- Englewood Community Hospital
Food & Drink
Sarasota’s food scene has a laid-back, but sophisticated, feel with more than a little something for everyone. We’ve got a super vibrant and nationally recognized fine dining scene mixed in among the fish tacos and grouper sandwiches. Whether it’s a fine dining experience or a white sand beach picnic adventure, casual or fancy, Breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner, Sarasota serves it up. View Sarasota luxury homes.